Considering recent developments with Covid-19 we feel it is important for all employees to read and be aware of the NPLH Covid-19 policy. We ask that you continue to be aware of your health and any Covid type symptoms. IF for any reason you are tested for Covid-19 please make NPLH aware; you may NOT staff with a pending Covid-19 test.
In accordance with the Shelby County Health Directive and the CDC guidelines, as a health care provider, NPLH will continue to require that masks be worn while providing direct patient care. This applies to all staff even those who have been fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 Infection Policy
Use universal precautions when providing patient care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Do not report to work if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a fever of 100.4 or greater.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a face mask when providing direct patient care.
- Wear a face mask when within 6 feet of patient.
If your patient develops any new respiratory symptoms or has a fever of 100.4 or greater, notify their primary care physician and seek further guidance.
- Do not immediately attempt transfer to the hospital.
- Communicate any illnesses with No Place Like Home.
- If your patient is sick, they should wear a mask if not contraindicated.
If you are aware of any travel outside of the United States by any of your patient’s family members, please notify the office so that we can follow up with a phone screening and take any necessary action.
If you are aware of any contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 by yourself or patient’s family member please notify the office so that we can follow up and take any action necessary.
No Place Like Home follows CMS and CDC guidelines and complies with TN Dept of Health reporting requirements.